Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Revision as of 14:32, 1 September 2013
Gnutella2 Developer Network
Welcome to the Gnutella2 Developer Network. The Gnutella2 Developer Network (or G2DN) is a convenient central location for discussing, developing and documenting all aspects of Gnutella2. Like the Gnutella2 platform itself, this website is designed to evolve through community support and participation. Everyone is free to contribute discussion, proposal documents, developer resources or any other relevant material.
Although the G2DN is primarily geared toward developers and technical enthusiasts, users of Gnutella2-enabled software are also welcome to participate. Those who are new to Gnutella2 may wish to check out some of the Gnutella2-powered software.
Feel free to contribute to the wiki after reading Gnutella2:Community Portal to learn about editing policy.
Wiki Edit Privileges
In order to combat spam various extensions have been added. These extensions may accidentally prevent legitimate users from registering or editing.
If you are having problems join IRC to ask for help:
- Server: irc.p2pchat.net
- Channel: #sharelin
- 2013-08-03 - G2 wiki moved to g2.doxu.org. g2.trillinux.org will remain as a redirect.
- 2007-03-29 - TCP Stream Connection and Handshaking specification updated.
The Gnutella 2 Network
- What is Gnutella2
- Gnutella2 Standard
- Network Architecture
- Node Types and Responsibilities
- Background / Archive
- TCP Stream Connection and Handshaking
- UDP Transceiver
- Packet Structure
- Basic Network Maintenance
- Known Hub Cache and Hub Cluster Cache
- Node Route Cache and Addressed Packet Forwarding
- Query Hash Tables
- Object Search Mechanism
- Search Security
- Search Description
- Search Acknowledgement
- Search Results
- Simple Query Language and Metadata
- Server for Uploading
- Client for Downloading
- User Profile Challenge and Delivery
- Browse Host
- /CRAWLA - Crawler Answer
- /CRAWLR - Crawler Request
- /HAW - Hub Advertisement Walker
- /KHL - Known Hub List
- /KHLR - Known Hub List Request
- /KHLA - Known Hub List Acknowledgement
- /LNI - Local Node Information
- /PI - Ping
- /PO - Pong
- /PUSH - Push
- /QKA - Query Key Acknowledgement
- /QKR - Query Key Request
- /Q2 - Gnutella2 Query
- /QA - Query Acknowledgement
- /QH2 - Gnutella2 Query Hit
- /QHT - Query Hash Table
- /UPROC - User Profile Challenge
- /UPROD - User Profile Delivery
Since Gnutella2 somehow evolved from the original Gnutella protocol you might find the following links useful: